Monday, January 7, 2008

#1

As alot of you know I have been in a slump since July
of 2007. This one is pulling me out. I am excited to
read now and have even joined some challenges. I want
to thank whoever recommended this to me.

Title: Veil of Roses
Author: Laura Fitzgerald
Pages: 309
Started: 1/3/08
Finished: 1/6/08
Rating: 10/10
Thoughts: Everyone needs to read this book. It is
about a girl from Iran(Tami)who comes to America to
visit her sister. There is a catch though. Girls
have no choices in Iran. She is in American for three
months only and if she can not find a husband and get
married, she has to go back and may never return
again. She is introduced to things by her sister and
her friends that she meets in an English class. I
laughed so hard at the Victoria Secret part and felt
her pain at the thought of going back and not being
able to make her own choices. The ending is worth it
and I cried my eyes out. Like alot of good books, I
missed Tami when I finished. I feel like I was one of
those friends with her and going through the
experience.

2 comments:

Jen (momx3lovesbooks) said...

OMGosh Kim! This was my first book of 2007 also!! I loved it!! You can read my review by clicking on the picture of the book over on my blog. :) How funny that both of us had the same first book of the year!! lol

Jen (momx3lovesbooks) said...

oops..that should of said my first book of 2008!! LOL..yes, I do feel about a year behind! :)