Friday, August 24, 2007

Finally Finished a BooK

TITLE: life on the refrigerator door
AUTHOR: alice kuipers
DATE STARTED: 8/23/07
DATE FINISHED: 8/24/07
RATING: 4/5
REVIEW:
This was a review copy for first look. Very different way of writing. A mother and a daughter "talk" via notes on the refrigerator door. At first I admit I wasn't sure I like it that way but as I read on, it became obvious that interactions were taking place off the door also. The mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and the notes became a way for the teen-ager to say some things I think it might have been hard to say in person. Eventually they became close and were spending alot of time together. However it was a sad ending in that the mother does die from the cancer. The teen-ager wrote a final note to mom and left it on the refrigerator door.

No comments: